November 17, 2008

Starting to set 2009 goals.....

We sat at brunch Sunday and talked about some biking goals for the up coming year.

My biking goals:
1)I want to ride more than I did last year. That was the whole purpose of me keeping track of
my miles. I know there will come a point that it will not matter how many miles I ride but I think it is a good gauge for me getting back into biking.
2) Commute more.
3) Do some area rides: FABRAD, MS150, Margaretta Ride. These rides for sure and maybe a couple others...we will see.
4) Finish the MS150!
5) Loose more weight. This should be easy with riding more.

Kris's biking goals are similar:
1) Commute some. (She does not like to ride on the city streets much. We will try and find her a good safe less traveled way to the Avera Mother Ship)
2) Do some area rides: Margaretta Ride (Oh, yes), FABRAD (?), MS150 (Volunteer-if not her weekend to work)
3) Make it all the way around the bike trail.
4) Loose more weight.

They are goals that are really reachable for both of us but not too lofty that there is no way that we could not achieve them. We are looking forward to a fun biking year next year, that is for sure!

4 comments:

thE_kErnEl said...

good luck with your goals!!

Anonymous said...

Those sound like good goals!!
Maybe we could do a ride together this year.

Anonymous said...

looking a some riding goals also, not sure if I will do the S.F. Ms150 or try one in Mn or Iowa.

Tez said...

Sounds good Rozetta. We have been talking about making a trip your direction sometime.

Goals are good and are your friend!