November 6, 2008

Dreaming and wishing............

It seems we have some weather heading our direction. I can't wait! I want a good old fashion snowstorm but we are not going to get that much snow. Maybe 1-3 inches is all. I heard at noon that Deadwood had 39" if snow! COOL!

Other news, I had a meeting down on the south part of town today at a jobsite so decided to take a longer lunch and head to the Crow Bar. Every Thursday they serve a hot meal. Pretty good deal for $5.oo. It is usually beef, pork roast or ham. They alternate the three and have beef every other week. Then of course all the fixins. Mashed tay-ddies, veggie, and relish tray. YUM! I washed it all down with a chilled beer glass of MILK! Years ago I played softball for the Crow Bar and some of the team used to go there for lunch on Thursdays. Now it is down to three of us that go there for lunch. It is good to get caught up with everyone!


So I had a bit of time to kill before I headed to the Crow for lunch so I hit one of the LBS just to look around. I walked out with three cable guides I needed for my old Cannondale and the cable end caps. I am such a big spender...$1.86 later! Anyway I did talk to the sales person about a Cannondale tandem just to check on prices and educate myself. Kris and I have thought it would be fun at some point to get one. I was surprised at the price. I thought it would have been more. $2499 and $1799 I think were the prices. The other big thing would be trying to figure something out to haul it. Anyway that is down the road a long way but good to educate ourselves.


I hope everyone has had a good Thursday and beginning part of the week...only one more day of the week left. Wow, this week went fast!...what am I saying?...this YEAR has gone fast!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I have a cheap Wally World tandem you guys could try out any time you want. My better half can't even get her log over the top tube anymore so I have no need for it. It is everything you would expect from the big box store, but what the heck, at least you could get an idea on liking or not liking tandem riding!

SD_pedalpower said...

We expect pictures of you trying out the Wally Tandem.

Tez said...

Might have to take the Mayor up on that in the spring. I am sure there would be some picturizing!

DIRK said...

Take the tandem to Monk's. One of you could get drunk, and the other one could... get REALLY drunk.