October 16, 2008

Reorganizing.....

Been trying to organize the bike stuff so it is not ALL over the place. Bought one of these to store all the bike gear in for two people. I put the helmets, shoes, trunks, water bottles, shorts, socks, jerseys, camel baks, lights, misc tools, pumps, GU, Cytomax in there so they are all together now. Should be nice! The only thing is that it is in the basement so trekking downstairs after a longer ride might not be so good but I guess since the beer fridge is in the basement there is a nice recovery drink that can be had before trekking back up the stairs!

Tonight I am going to try and reorganize a few things in the basement and move some furniture around in the "family room" area as we bought a leather recliner from someone on Craiglist. The recliner is in good shape and is mission style. It has one little corner of the footrest that their puppy chewed a bit but it will not take much to repair it. It was a good deal. Come to find out the guy that was selling it has relatives that lived in the Mission Hill area that used to go to Vangen Lutheran Church, my home church when living in Yankton. Small world...........

Heading to Yankton this weekend. Should be fun. Meeting up with Godparents and Rose for supper on Friday night at Murdos and then hitting the play, Death Trap on Saturday night. Should be a nice relaxing time. I think we are taking the bikes to maybe take a little trek out and about by the lake or in Yankton. Neither one of us have been on the bikes so far in October...UGH!.....longest stretch for me not being on a bike since mid-May! Don't like it. I have promised myself that the 20 pounds I have lost since last summer will not slowly start to appear on the body over the winter and in fact weight loss goals have been set to meet by MS150 next year.

Work stuff this week is messed up as we have a booth at the state architects convention today and tomorrow. I have to woman the booth on Friday morning from 9-noon and then take the booth down after that which is always fun. Today is usually the day when there is the most traffic by the vendor booths so usually Friday morning is usually pretty laid back. I might have to take a book or magazine along to read. Of course there is always the chance that one DISNEY loving architect will stop by the booth tomorrow so we can chat about Disney for 20 minutes like last year!

Well, everyone have a safe weekend and a fun ride tomorrow night for FAB starlight ride! Check out what the Mayor will be sporting on his bike for the ride...LIGHT UP THE NIGHT!

2 comments:

DIRK said...

I have all of my bike stuff in the garage, at least until it starts to get real cold.
Then, the bikes come inside. I'm not leaving my babies out in the cold all winter!

Unknown said...

I've been in the organizing mood myself - I like your new Rubbermaid cabinets!