October 14, 2008

Expensive lunch........

Pretty much a sluggish start to the week....got to be the weather or my inactivity, maybe.

Kris had today off, from working the weekend, so we emailed Mackie to see if she wanted to join us for lunch downtown since Mackie works downtown. I had decided on Buffalo Berries since none of us had been there before. Lets just say we will not be in a rush to head back there. It is all organic food. Now, I am not against organic food at all, but the soup, black bean Cuban, really didn't have a lot of spice or flavor nor did the wasabi (sp?) (Japanese horseradish) tuna melt. So I had a sandwich, cup of soup and a diet root beer and Kris had a chicken salad, cup of soup and an ice tea. The bill was $23-something. Ok, now I am one that does not mind paying more if the food is good but when the food was average the price was expensive. So they do not get a good review from me. Oh, well. I guess it was a healthy expensive lunch....now I need to have some CHOCOLATE!

Being that Kris is home today she put a roast in the crock pot with tay-dees, carrots and onions. I can't wait for SUPPER!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That roast beast meal sounds yummy! I guess we are supposed to pay for trendy, and like it.
HA! Not this old Prarie Swede! Give me meat and taters every time!!!

Tez said...

It sure was GOOD and the best part is that there are leftovers!

teamwelliver said...

we can hardly go out to eat anymore because its too damn expensive and we can make food taste better at home. There are a few places, but not many.

Except for Chipotle. Its always good!

Tez said...

I really want to eat at a Chipotle sometime. I was hoping we could on vacation but it didn't work out. We have Qdoba around here that is really good and cost around $19.00 for two of us to eat there but we end up wit two meals out of it.

teamwelliver said...

there's one here in Monterey if you find yourself on the left coast. Its waaaay better than Qdoba.

Chipotle costs us $12.85 every time we go there...we each get a burrito and they give free drinks to military members. So we get stuffed for cheap because we are bad and eat the whole burrito in one sitting.