April 14, 2008

First day commuting...kind of

I did it...kind of. I drove to work this morning and back home for lunch then biked to work after lunch! It took me a bit to get all my stuff together and pump up the tires but I hit the road at 12:21 and made my telephone phone that will guard by bike by 12:29. Of course it is all downhill from where I live and work so the way home will take a bit long being mainly uphill but HEY, I DID IT! This is the first time I have been on the bike this year...UGH. I can tell I need to wear my bike shoes as I can feel it on the bottom of my feet. I can also feel the not wearing bike shorts. I know that I just need saddle time to take care of the butt thing. I think the bike shoes will need to be worn on my commutes. My goal is AT LEAST TWO TIMES a week to start out with the commuting. Of course there will be days that there is no way it will work for me like when golf league starts on Wednesdays in Brandon. Anyway the goal is two times a week so it can only get better from there!

Kris is doing well after her surgery. I am just amazed. She has a little pain but all in all she is doing fine. She had an overnight in the hospital but was ready to break out on Friday morning. I think they are thinking she will be off work 3-4 weeks. Since she is doing well she will be taking care of Abe (our dog) in the afternoons so I will not have to commute with him in the trailer for a few weeks. It would be good to get him out in the trailer to get use to it before the commuting.

It sure felt good to get on the bike and ride a bit.

5 comments:

CDV said...

Way to go! Commuting 2x a week is more than I can do right now, at least until the kids are out of school. Once that happens the bike WILL replace the pickup as the method to get to work.

Tez said...

THANKS! It felt good to get the old Gary Fisher HK2 rolling!

SD_pedalpower said...

Good for you Tez!

Unknown said...

Isn't it great to get back on the bike! I've done just a couple of short rides and it feels wonderful - especially with the wind to your back at 25mph!!

Tez said...

Yes it was.