April 15, 2008

Commute home

The commute home last night was not as fun but I am not discouraged, I just need to tweak a few things to make it better. First off I need to get my derailleur adjusted. I had no issues on the way to work but I was in the big chain ring in the front but on the way home I shifted down to the small front chainring and .....ooooopppps....there went the chain right off the chainring so a few greasy fingers later I got it back on the ring but when I was in that chainring it kept thinking I should be in another gear and shifting for me. I got frustrated going up a hill into the wind so I walked a block to the house. Oh well. If that is as bad as it gets no big deal. The other thing is that I have a messenger bag that I use as a brief case and that was not fun to have on as it kept shifting to my right as I rode. I am pretty much done with that I think and will try and pair down to using just my trunk. So all in all it was an education and a good one.

I didn't ride today as the wind is REALLY bad (not really a good excuse) but the other is I had to take Kris to a doctors appointment south of town so in order to save time and until I get my stuff a bit more organized and my bike adjusted I drove today.

No comments: