April 2, 2009

24 years ago today

Twenty four years ago today we were in the hospital at Avera Mckennan unplugging my dad from the respirator. He had two strokes in three days and was brain dead. Nothing to be done. He lived 52 years and that was it, lights out. Pretty sad and way to young.

I have lived almost half my life without my dad. I was thinking about this the other day. That is truly crazy. Am I sad? Well, I will say I do miss him. I know he is very proud of all that his family has accomplished. My dad was a lot of fun and loved a good joke or pulling a prank on people. I do have a bit of him in me, maybe.... : )

If your parents are still alive treat them extra special! I know at times it can be a trial with any body but think about how lucky you are to still have them and share things with them! Don't just take them for granted. You never know when they will be plucked from your life. Tell them you love them or give them a hug when you see them, you will not regret it!

1 comment:

Ham(m)er said...

Hey, I meant to leave a note yesterday. The day got away from me.

I think that blogging has been a nice way to reflect on important people in one's life, past and present.