April 13, 2009

Great weekend-the recap!

HAPPY MONDAY, blog readers!

Had a great weekend. I hope all of you did as well.

Friday night we started off with supper at Johnny Carino's. Had great food and then headed over to Stubbies, a local non-smoking establishment. We wanted to watch the Twins play, but little did we know it would end up being retro-beer night for me. I started off with a Schlitz. Not sure what my dad saw in that beer. WOW. It is really carbonated tasting. Then it was Hamm's followed by PBR, followed by Busch lite, followed by Labatte blue followed by Grain Belt. In there we also ordered a couple orders of, REALLY GOOD, tator tot baskets. It was fun. I think the most fun was tweeting to people what we were doing.

Saturday we hit The Diner for breakfast then the grocery store, with everyone else. Got home and loaded up the bikes and hit the bike trail. Since it was kind of windy, we opted to stay in the more protected part of the trail, which as many of you know is usually the busiest and it was not to disappoint in that aspect. I am beginning to HATE ipods! Ok, let me rephrase that. People with ipods that do not stay to the right on the trail and walk down the center of the trail. I am also amazed at how some of the dog owners out there are not responsible. There was one place were there was dog droppings and another were a dog was off leash that was wondering all over the trail in front of it's owners. Have you ever tried to out guess which way a dog is going? UGH! Ok, enough of the rant. Kris and I did have fun. We road from Cherry Rock over to Western. In between 26th and Cliff there was a Roadlegs sighting with his kiddos. He looked to be having fun teaching his kids how to ride on the trail, wish more parents would do that. I didn't know it was him until we were almost past him and he shouted out, "Hey, Tez, looks like you were having fun with the beer last night!" Seems he was following the tweets from Stubbies, Friday night, also! It was funny. Kris and I were on a mission so we didn't stop to chat, which I feel bad about...SORRY ROAD LEGS! We made it to Western and Kris was done. She didn't want to over do her first ride of the year so she headed back and I decided to ride to 49th street then to 41st street. I turned around there and headed back to Cherry Rock. Once at Cherry Rock I met a VERY HANDSOME GUY! His name, Sampson. He is a 3 year old Newfoundland. What a sweetheart he is! Of course, I had to stop and talk to the owner since Abe is part Newfie. Seems Sampson loves everyone but the mailman!

We got home and did the first grilling of the summer! filet mignon, brussel sprouts, ass-per-gas (as my dad called it) and also new potatoes with garlic! The filet mignon had a porchini mushroom, gorgonzola sauce on it (recipe is here). YUMMY! Abe, even helped himself to one of the small filets from the counter! YUP, first time that has ever happened. It was part my fault also but he was in the dog house all evening. Poor guy. I felt bad. All I have to do is raise my voice and he is a puddle. He stuck to Kris pretty much the rest of the evening although she was not happy with him either. We have a rule that no matter what, the slate is wiped clean the next day and it was.

Sunday we hit 8:15am church at First Lutheran, while the Paris-Roubaix was going on. It was hard for me not to watch the twitter feeds, but I resisted. When we got home, I watched the end of the race on the computer before we went to brunch at Grille 26. Brunch was ok. Still not up to Minerva's standards yet, but I am sure they will get there. Once home we blanched some green beans, brussel sprouts and asparagus and threw them in the freezer just in time to watch the whole P-R bike race on Versus!

It was a good weekend.

No comments: