April 29, 2009

Sick of the flu..........

Ok, is anyone else tired of hearing about the swine flu? I know I am!

I realize that any bug like this is serious when it can spread fast but does the news media need to sensationalize the whole thing, making a lot of people panic about this?

A SIMPLE and EASY solution to reduce your risk for
catching any "bug": PEOPLE, WASH YOUR HANDS!

Does the media sensationalize about the 36,000 people that die from the "regular" flu or complications of the flu each year in the United States? Does the media sensationalize about the 1,500 people that die each day in the United States from cancer? Does the media sensationalize that 3,400 people each day are diagnosed with cancer in the United States? Heck, did you know that 1.2 million people die from bike related accidents world wide each year? Do we see HUGE breaking news crawls or hour long news specials about any one of these tragic things? NOPE.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree - it seems especially ironic to me that the regular seasonal flu does not get near this amount of attention! If it got the same abount of attention then maybe then more people would get a flu shot.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I feel sorry for our pork producers! When I go shopping next I am going to skip the beef and go right for bacon and pork chops, and a nice pork roast.
Rush calls them the "Drive By Media".
I am tending to concur.