December 23, 2008

A glimpse back at this year.........

Here it is December 23 and Christmas is nipping at our heels. Where did the year go? What did the year hold for you? Did you meet your goals if you are into those type of things? All good questions to ask as we reflect back on the this past year.

Let's see........
I guess the year started off with weight loss for both of us. Not much but I have been able to keep all but 2-3 pounds off of the 20 through out the year.

Bought season tickets for the community theater in Yankton and enjoyed good plays/musicals throughout the year.

Kris had surgery and has some modified body parts that she proudly shows off!

Took a cruise, a first for us, along with two friends. We all had a great time and of course had to spend a day and half at Disney!

We met some great people out there through the area bike clubs (FAB and Lane Hogs), blogging and twittering. Friends that do not judge you for who you are, can or can't do but are very encouraging and just love life and can make you laugh in any situation and of course like to try different beverages!

Helped with the first ever FAB newsletters. We put out three newsletters this year and are ready to take on the challenge of the up coming year. Gotta live our solving the world problems session we have at Monks...oops, I mean newsletter meetings we have.

Went to a Twins game at the Dome and had a lot of fun at an Irish pub after!

Started to do more bike riding to work with the cost of gas and really enjoyed it. Found out that it is not that bad to bike in cooler weather if you have the right gear. I also found out I am in a better mood once I get to work then if I drove to work....interesting.

I put a few miles on my bikes although not as much as some but lots more than last year for me. It gives me a starting point to my New Years resolutions. I rode in the SD MS150 this year and battled the nasty headwinds. I made it 48.3 miles into the teeth of hell and that was it but it is really about the cause and not how far you ride. I had a blast!

Received a vintage Canondale from my brother-in-law to do with as I wish. I still have it and am trying to decided on what I want to do with it yet.

Got Kris to ride 20 miles from the Clubhouse to Valley View on a hot day, on a road that is hilly and back to the Clubhouse then a month later the 30 mile loop on the Margarita ride in Vermillion. She is ready to ride it again next year and is excited about biking in general next year....YEAH!

Kris turned 50. We had a fun birthday supper for her at Spezia's. Then spent a nice week in the Wisc area in October. Even though it was cool it sure was a lot of fun.

Lance Armstrong came out of retirement and will ride in 2009 for Astana!.....YEAH!

Met some Lane Hogs in Wakonda at The Pit, the home of the throne in the men's bathroom. Lots of fun and we are planning more such trips to catch up with everyone!

Got Christmas shopping done early but have yet to wrap presents...UGH...that has to change!

Had a great holiday celebration in Yankton with our extended family!

Tried some great beers at Monks, caught up with friends that have moved away and just haven't seen in a while.

Loving some of the non-smoking bars in Sioux Falls! Hope they are all non-smoking SOON!

Pretty much a good year. We still have our health, jobs and look forward to what next year will bring! More weight loss, more bike riding, more traveling and more friends we will meet along the way!

We hope you all have a Merry Christmas and remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas!

3 comments:

Sprocket said...

Merry Christmas to you and Kris.
In Christ's Peace,
The Sprocket Family

bikingbrady said...

That sounds like a FABulous (and Lane Hog) kind of year to me!

Merry Christmas to you and Kris and the very best of 2009.

Unknown said...

I agree, more trips in 2009 to the Pit for some FAB/Lane Hog get-togethers!