September 8, 2008

Astana's newest member?

Lance and Johan back together? That is what is being reported by Velonews. Lance Armstrong will be back racing for the 2009 season. Armstrong has told US Anti-Doping Agency's to re-enroll himself in the testing pool.

Ok, not sure how I feel about this. On one had it will be great for the sport. If he does well, it will bring more money back into the sport, I would guess. On the other hand, I am one that believes that once you retire you should stay retired. I know people have a change of heart and that is their right but it seems some athletes come back and end up quitting because of whatever reason or make a fool of themselves. Do I think that Lance will quit or fall on his face, hell no. He, I am sure has thought thinks through enough to know what needs to be done to win. He is a very driven guy and once he sets his mind to whatever the goal is there really is no stopping him....in my opinion!...but you never know....

So, will Floyd Landis ride in the TDF 2009 knowing all this? His suspension is up the end of January 2009......could be interesting cycling season next year!......One thing is for sure, I am fired up about it and ready for the TDF to start!...in 10 mths....UGH

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it will fun to watch him again

Tez said...

I do agree! Makes a person wonder about Levi also after he was so adamant that he wanted to win the TDF after his 2007 finish. Now he is on a team with Contador and Armstrong....hmmmm.....It will be fun to watch!

SD_pedalpower said...

I agree. If you retire stay retired. MJ, Farve and now Lance. I wonder if it is a marketing deal trying to sell more stuff?

Snakebite said...

Who's Lance?