January 12, 2007

Frustration

Today was not a good day. We are going to take a vacation in a few months to where else.....DISNEY WORLD and I have been waiting for the airline tickets to come down in price. They have been terrible flying out of Sioux Falls, at one point over $500!!! This is so very sad when you have budgeted $350 for tickets. Well, we decided that to save money the group (6-of us) are not going to fly out of SF and decided to travel to the south to catch a flight. Two friends decided on Sioux City and the other four decided on Omaha. We had been watching the rates for almost the last two months and pretty much the last few weeks......yes, I can say it, obsessed by it!! We have been so frustrated at how the prices have bounced around so much durnig the day, it is amazing.

Well, long story short I made one reservation for the day we were wanting to leave and got a GREAT price out of Omaha at $198 per ticket. I was pumped. When I got the confirmation it seems we were not going to spend 10 days at the wonderful world of Disney but we were just flying down for the day and then back that night!! Now given that would be fun to do sometime but this was not the plan....Seems I had messed up the return flight date.....sounds like something one of our other traveling friends would do, but I guess it was my turn in the barrel. I get the flight canceled costing me $30 and then tried to rebook at that same price...CHEAP FLIGHT GONE!!!......DANG IT.......so, we looked at other flights and found one that will work and of course is a little more than our budget but from what I understand being that it is a popular time to travel and that the airlines are not into the fare wars like in the past with all the mergers, cost of fuel and the already cut back staff and services...I guess it was a good deal. The bad thing is that I had to go to the emergency room to have the phone surgical removed from my ear beings that I spent two hours on the phone talking to one of those on-line travel reservation places to get things straightened out with canceling the one day flight to Florida and making the new reservations.....it is only time....time, of what we all have BUNDLES of to spare...time, that I really love to share with someone that can barely speak english and have to ask them to repeat things numerous times......time, that I should have been making up my Disney tour cheat sheets (yes, I am anal about travel plans).......

All in all I am not really releaved that the flight reservations have been made. Somehow I feel like I have been violated in some sort of strange twisted way. I didn't enjoy it and no I am not smoking a cigarette in honor of my "encounter". I feel that I am allowed to fume a little more ......pop...glug, glug glug...aaaaahhh wonderful libations!!!

No comments: