December 26, 2006

Christmas.......

Well, here it is Tuesday after Christmas. I survived the weekend!!
I had a great time even though it was a constant grazing of food and not a lot of sleep! You know it is bad when you want to go back to work to keep from eating and to get back in the right sleep pattern. My friends and family were great and kept me busy and laughing so that is good.
We even taked about how much gas everyone had after eating so much and such different foods. I for one had to roll down the windows on the interstate as there was a bad green haze in the car. ...UGH...nasty but not as nasty as those boys and their farts. I tell you, I think someone crawled up in them an died!! It was plain nasty! Then they sit and laugh about it as we are trying not to expeal our recent intake. I guess after eating, ok I am going to slaughter the spelling of some of this food.....cream mush, rice cream, zitronen cream, lefsa, dips, ham balls, potatoes with LOTS of cheese, cookies and candies a persons digestive system would need to do some quick revamping to help by letting off a little steam....arrrg....bad air.....Glad I had the potatoes with lots of cheese to act as a sort of wallpaper paste in the digestive track to slow things down. Looking back not so sure that was good but hey it kept me out of the bathroom to enjoy the fun!!

More serious note.....
It was hard not having mom with me and few tears were shed on Sunday night during the Christmas service but I did ok. The strange thing was that it seems like I had been forgetting something all weekend. I am guessing it was to talk to mom. I just felt the need to pick up the phone and dial her number or to drive down and see her. I know this will get better with time but I also know she was looking down on us and smiling for getting on with our lives and celebrating the birth of Jesus. Even though I miss her a lot she is in a much better place and is well and for that I would not trade the world!!

No comments: