January 24, 2007

Random thoughts

Not much going on seem to have picked up the wonderful cold bug going around. Lost a couple days of work because of that pesky little germ. My Roomy is trying to drown it with tea and all sorts of meds but not really working all that well. Like my mom would say....take a nice HOT bath, 2-asprins and go to bed. I think she was right. That is the best.

Had a good weekend. Went to the old home town to watch the girls basketball team play..well really to watch two of our friends ref the game. What a mess. The BB-Team didn't look good at all. Pretty sad. The refs did a good job as usual. They even handled the heckling from me pretty well! We hit Charlie's after the game...WONDERFUL PIZZA! I think they are the oldest pizza joint in the state. We had a pizza and a few beers and then looked around at about 10:30pm and we were the only ones left in the place besides the bartender!...YES we closed the place down..leaving at 11:00pm. I could not believe it. We did however watch the bartender spill a whole glass of beer...I think he might have been having a few along with our table! We were drinking Wild Hop. A new organic beer. I think I am still out on if I like it or not. In our group it was 2-really like it, 2-not sure and one -NO....add another really like it to the count for the bartender! It was really hoppy and more carbinated. It did taste more like a home brew.

We hit the "clubhouse" after closing down Charlies. One of the group decided that her 24 hour contacts had trouble seeing and went to bed. That left two of us up to solve the worlds problems well at least maybe mine and of course there was beer to drink! Thanks, man, I really needed that!! We finally headed off to bed at 2:50am!...UGH...I of course woke right up at 8:00am. WHY, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can we not sleep in when we get older?.........I don't get it and it is really pissing me off! Oh well one more question to ask God during my inquisition once at the pearly gates..the list is getting LONG. I hope he has blocked off a big time slot! We got a few things done at the clubhouse and then headed back home. Had fun on the way home making up words to songs....which is always fun messing up songs for other people! I LOVE IT! We had some good ones but I can't remember what they were. Well at least three of us had a good laugh over it.

Future planning......Wine club next week-our wine place moved into a new joint so we are pretty excited about seeing that, have a couple of bike rides this summer to do and of course we have out DISNEY vacation in a few weeks so have to get on with vacation training!! I am so stoked for that! We really need time away to relax, enjoy friends, good food, good wine and to feel like a kid again....if that is possible!

KONGALOOSCH!!.............ºOº

No comments: