March 30, 2009

Clubhouse, carpentry and the colon.......

HAPPY MONDAY...hahaha...NOT!

We, my Monday is not bad, but it is a Monday. I need to finish the DC recap yet and have not. SORRY, but the goal is to finish that this weekend.

In other noise. Hit the Clubhouse this past weekend and had a great time. We went to a Pampered Chef party on Friday night at my God parents place which of course is always fun. Saturday we worked at the clubhouse for a bit. I cleaned off the patio even though I am pretty sure all the leaves I swept off it, have now blown back on it since it is SO VERY WINDY TODAY. I also am trying to finish up taking the wall down at the bottom of the steps in the basement to make it easy to get the water heater in and out. I have to notch a couple boards yet and then she will be able to come down with two thru-bolts (carriage bolts). YEAH! Not sure why they installed the water heater in a corner then put the furnace next to it and build a wall so you can't get the water heater between the furnace and the wall but they did! Oh, well this little project will make it easy to take the wall down and put back up again.

Saturday night we hit River Rose Bistro for supper. It was good except a group of maybe middle school girls came in from a basketball tournament and of course were loud. So much for a relaxing supper! We did make the most of it by heading to Ben's Brewing Company after supper. We had a great time there watching the guys make drinks. The martinis are fun to watch them make. Of course after my three glasses of wine I decided I needed, yes needed to order a martini. I had Ben make me the most popular martini they serve. The Lemon Drop. It was darn good! I refrained and only allowed myself one martini as we decided we needed to head home if we were to drink anymore. Once home we each had a nightcap of Godiva chocolate liquor and what I thought was a Kahlua bottle turned out to be a premixed White Russian bottle. Not a big deal it was actually pretty good. Needless to say we both slept good Saturday night!

Sunday was a lazy day. We watched a couple movies on the tellie and then we headed home later arriving back to Sioux Falls around 6:30 or so.

It was a good weekend. The only bummer is that we left out leftovers in the truck on Saturday night thinking it was not going to get that warm on Sunday so they would be fine...NOT! Oh well....

This week is another busy one at work plus FAB newsletter meeting and then Kris is having the 50 year old baseline / check - colonoscopy on Thursday! What a crappy day that will be!...hahaha, Oh, well, needs to be done! Getting back on the bikes is also a priority since the scale needle seems to be going the WRONG direction as of late! Weather outside will not be good for biking so we are relegated to the basement but that is ok.

Have a great week everyone even with a BLIZZARD on the way!

No comments: