August 12, 2008

The ride that never happened...

This past weekend was a great time but I never got my ride in at all that I had planned. I was doing a few decorating things to the newly remodeled bathroom at the clubhouse and after several trips up and down the stairs the right knee started hurting again. Not sure what is up with that. Makes me crabby! Anyway I decided not to push things so I stayed off the bike and have not been on it since MS150 which is not so good. I do plan on getting a small ride in sometime this week. Again work sucks and it keeps on ending up a a reoccurring thing in my blog entries and for that I am sorry. I am trying to deal with this work stuff a little better and I think if I got back on the bike it would be better also as I am usually in a better mood when I ride...me in a bad mood...hahaha....OH YA BABY! I blew up at my boss last week about work and we are finally talking to each other today so that is good but I should not let it get to the point it did last week and I need to learn to just talk things out instead of letting them build and the blow up!

Anyway on to the fun weekend recap. Kris and her mom got to Yankton Thursday night and we promptly headed over the Murdo's for supper. The walleye was great! Friday we did a few things, shopped, hit an antique store in Crofton, and then waited for Jay and Liz to arrive from Pierre. The four of us, Kris's mom (Joan) stayed at the Clubhouse, hit the world famous Ice House. We drank our bucket-o-beer and then picked up Joan and headed to Charlies with the Godparents in tow. It was a fun evening with family and good food. We celebrated Luther's birthday with a made from scratch angel food cake. 16 egg whites in the cake...YUM! Saturday was seeing the sites of Yankton followed by me taking Jay to the Walnut Tavern aka Dead Animal Bar. We laughed at the t-shirts the bartenders were wearing. One said, "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning", the other one was "Drunk girls think I am HOT!" We purchase 2-tap beers of Budlight for $3.50 total. Sorry, Ben we never made it to your place but will save it for another trip, we just ran out of time! We hit the clubhouse pool later in the afternoon and had a good time. Liz and Jay showed us their diving skills while I stayed in the shallower end. I swim like a ROCK so it is best for me to not be in the deep end of the pool. Supper was made staring, smoked pork chops, potatoes and fresh sweet corn from the godparents....YUM-O! We hit the musical Annie Get Your Gun and it was good as always. We really enjoyed it and I had never seen that musical before. They added some good currant humor to the play which was a hoot. Sunday we departed after brunch at Minerva's.

This weekend is River Boat Days and it will be busy in Yankton that is for sure. The Old Iron Association is doing some demos on shelling corn and thrashing which my Godfather is a member of so we will have to go watch that. The Golden Knights Army parachute team are jumping and there will be an aerial show of some sort also. Of course there is always Brule that plays, the two hour long parade Saturday morning, fireworks over the river Friday night and lots and lots of other activities. We are taking the bikes down there to maybe get a ride in or maybe commute to the festivities as it is easier to park the bike but the traffic might not be so fun to deal with. We will see.

Lots to do this weekend in Yankton so will try and relax and recharge a bit also...hope the rain does not damped the spirits tooooooooo much!

Seems like my weekend post are about all the same anymore....crabby about work, no bike ride and heading to Yankton.....am I in a funk???......maybe.

No comments: