May 23, 2008

Memorial Day has lost it's meaning for some.....


Memorial Day has become such a different holiday for so many people. To some it is time off from the daily grind and to others it is time off to spend with friends / family, celebrating / camping and doing whatever, and yet for others it is also a day of work with no time off.

Let us not forget what Memorial Day really is about. It is a day that commemorates U.S. men and women who have died serving our nation.

Even though you may not agree with wars or conflicts our nation has been in and still involved in, we need to respect the service men and women that have paid to keep our nation free and memorializing them for their service!

3 comments:

bikingbrady said...

You're right...I don't agree with all the wars, but I did serve, so thanks!!

Tez said...

You are welcome and THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

My Dad instilled in me a sense of what Memorial Day was about when I was a very young boy. To him, it was not just about veterans, but about lost loved ones. Even being the first son to enlist, Memorial Day continued to be more about family than veterans, and I still helped water flowers and plant flowers and decorate grandma and grampas graves. Now I also do my Uncle Cliffs' grave, and Dads' grave. It is a somber and quiet holiday for me.