February 22, 2008

ToC, weekend and MS150

Will the Tour of California be decided by the time trial today? Can Fabian make up 13 seconds on Levi who has the yellow (Lead) jersey? WE WILL SEE! I am excited to listen and HOPEFULLY watch today. The telecast was not great yesterday because the weather was crappy then they had to refuel the airplane that sends the images out which took about an hour!

This weekend hitting breakfast with friends then a little shopping but mostly WORK! Next week is a nasty bid week with a lot of bigger jobs bidding...should be FUN!

Thursday was the Austads warehouse sale. I really didn't see much I needed and I kind of already decided that I want to spend more on my biking stuff this year as I spent a lot on golf equipment last year (2-new pairs of shoes and a push cart OH YA and BALLS!) I am thinking about doing the MS150 this year (Sioux Falls to Vermillion) and so will look at what I need to purchase for that ride and the training rides to get me there. I will keep my road bike (I think-unless I make LOTS of money from my second job!) but I will need a new saddle, pedals, shorts, rain pants, front / back light and a C02 pump. I have a few jerseys already (thanks to Harlan's sale), a good bike jacket, gloves, shorts, computer, helmet, camelbak, bottles, socks and shoes. If you have any other suggestions let me know!

No comments: