February 13, 2008

Snowblower 1 and Tez 0 and other ramblings

Last night we wanted to finish scooping out the driveway. I had scooped the sidewalk over my lunch so that was done but I had decided to use the snowblower to take care of the driveway. Well that didn't happen. We used the snowblower at the beginning of winter and have not used it since because it is a good workout scooping by hand. If you follow my blog you might have read about the snowblower issue I had a year ago or so. Anyway last night I went out to start the snowblower and got it started as I stood in line with the exhaust that permiated my clothes so that was all I could smell the rest of the night and of course my coat smells like it also so the smell has followed me to work this morning.....anyway I digress.....I go to advance the snowblower out of the garage and start the auger and the engine died. DANG IT...so I got the extention cord out to hook it up to the electric start again and it started off but the same thing happened...it died when I tried to start the auger. I looked to see if anything was impeeding the auger.....of course there was...it was not the shopping news that I ran through it that created problems the last time but this time it was a HUGE chunk of ICE that was keeping the shaft from turning......DAMMMMMMMIIIIIITTTTT............I banged on the ice a bit with the hammer and thought, OH HELL, so me and the roomy SCOOPED the driveway. I guess I have some snowblower work to do but if I wait long enough it will fix itself once the weather is nicer.


Heading to Bridge City this weekend to relax after a WILD work week. Lots of bidding going on for this time of year which is strange and the phones have been nuts so my desk looks like paper EXPLODED all over it! Oh well..it is all GOOD...I guess!


Still fighting a bit of a cold. Little stuffy today more so then the last few days. I think that is kind of odd but I will survive! At least I can blow my nose. My sister had surgery on her sinus a few weeks ago. She had a hole that was leaking spinal fluid into her sinus and then out her nose. She is doing well but they packed it with disolvable packing so she can't blow her nose for a few weeks...UGH...I would be a freaking wreck if I could not blow my nose so I guess I am lucky I can still blow my nose!


Can't wait for supper tonight. We put a pork roast in the crock pot with potatoes, carrots and onions..YUM! Should be a good supper!

My weight lost so far...15.4 pounds since last summer.
Roomies weight lost so far...17 pounds since Thanksgiving...you go girl!

2 comments:

bikingbrady said...

Should you be coming through Verm on your way Friday...I'm sure a refreshment or two could be had if you are so inclined!

Tez said...

I would love to BB but it will be kind of late and depening on the roads (if they are good) we usually take back roads to Yankton.
We will have to meet up sometime!