December 10, 2007

Good weekend

Good weekend even though it did not go as planned. OH WELL. We drove to Bridge City Saturday in the snow for a remembrance at the local funeral home for people that had died in the past year that they have serviced and also for people in the past that they have helped. It ended up with the snow that they postponed the service until this coming weekend because of the snow...BUMMER! Well, all was not lost. My God parents, Rose, Kris and myself decided to go to Fry N Pan for supper. We had a good time talking and laughing like always. Never a dull moment when we get together that is for sure! Then it was back to the Clubhouse to stay for the night. Ends up we got around 3-4 inches and were to get 6+ inches.

I got up and scooped the driveway, sidewalk and two of the neighbors sidewalks and then we packed up except for the boy (Abe) and then hit Hy-Vee for breakfast then off to get Abe and headed out. I am always amazed at how may people drive WAY TO FAST on snow packed roads. There seemed to be a few of us hanging about the same speed but then there are others that BLAST by us. SHHHH...secretly I hope to see those people in the ditch up the road a ways but it never happened this trip. I know that is bad for me to think that but I think it would teach them a lesson. Saturday there was a bunch of them doing that and let me tell you it was white out conditions every time someone was in the passing lane. We made it home just fine but the Bravada is a mess with all the road grime.

We have been trying to loose weight in our house and boy it has not been that easy. Kris is doing AWESOME and I am slowly loosing a few pounds. We each bought a pedometer and have been charting out steps / cals /mileage. Well, at least I have. Kris is just keeping track of her steps. It has been fun to see how much a person walks in a day. Kris has been kicking my butt with that but I have a desk job and she has a physical job so there is the main reason. Anyway we both decided this morning that more exercise is needed. I guess the bike is going on the trainer and we will have to dust off the treadmill and not use it to hang wet clothes on to dry anymore. We will see. Maybe if I blog about the weight loss it might keep me motivated. We will see! I do know we have been eating a lot healthier the last three weeks and that is very positive. I have not been to the burger joints for lunch and if I do eat out it is Subway which I limit to once a week at the most.

I have to get on the bike again. When I was doing more biking I had dropped 15 pounds but I also had a goal of riding the Bike Mick. Maybe a goal needs to be set again? Something to ponder.........

No comments: