September 6, 2007

September 6th Ramblings

It has been a bit since I last blogged..SORRY! I have been busy at work and of course this darn ankle thing has not been that fun either. I have a REALLY BAD WHEEL is the best way to say it. I hobbled on the ankle for almost two weeks before I went in to see the doctor. Of course it is badly sprained and so he put me in a boot for three weeks. If we can not get it stable like he wants then it is reconstruction time or I guess that would be maybe a retread for a bad wheel. The very least will be a scope to clean it up and take care of a bone spur from a previous ankle break. Anyway not a fun thing. The boot is HOT, CLUMSY and of course my so called friends have come up with all sorts of names for me now.....Bootsey is the one that has stuck it seems. We did however dress up the boot a bit by applying CUBS stickers. One is the current logo and the other is a logo from 1908. They look pretty cool! (Thanks Kris)

Work has been wild the last couple of weeks. Lots of projects that need my estimating expertise (haha) so that has kept me busy.

Went to Yankton last weekend and did make it to and from to the pool without hurting another appendage which is always great. I took the boot off and did some walking in the pool. It felt good but the pool was a bit cool as it was all shaded but that was ok we were the only ones there and that was fun. Did a few things at the Clubhouse to organize more. On the way home we went to the cemetery where mom, dad and my grandparents are buried. Everything looked good there. I changed out the one vase with some fall type flowers. September 2 would have been my mom and dad's anniversary. I am sure they had a great time dancing up a storm since they are together now. I sure do miss mom. Kris and I talked about this as we left the cemetery. How it seems like only yesterday that she died but yet it seems so long ago. There are times that I just wait to see her walk around a corner at the house and say "Where have you girls been!" I know in my head and heart that this will not happen and I know in my heart that she is in a better place but still the pain of missing her is there and I suspect will be for some time.

This weekend we are heading back down to the Clubhouse. Yankton is having it's first Ribfest so that will be fun and also it is Kris's 49th birthday on Saturday so we are going to the community play Fools on Friday night and having a fun party weekend.

I guess I better get to picking my fantasy football team for the weekend. UGH! I need to do better this year as there are a few people out there who have a goal to beat me. I think I need to get serious about my picks!

No comments: