October 26, 2009

Plays, picturizing and the Pit!

Well so what is new in my part of the world....well, lets see....

I actually went to a Shakespeare play a week ago. Yup, Shakespeare, can you believe it? It was called, "As You Like It", it was a COMEDY, ya right, Shakespeare wrote a comedy? Well, yes he did in like the 1599-1600s. The actors were really good but we were up in the nose bleed area so it was hard to hear since the actors didn't have microphones. The famous line from the play is, "All the world's a stage". I was so happy I knew what was going on and I didn't even read the synopsis of the play!

Last weekend we hit Yankton for more theater, semi-winterizing of the Clubhouse and meeting up with friends. Lewis and Clark Theater put on "Play it Again Sam" for their fall play. It was really good and not what I had expected at all. After the play we caught up with my Godparents and had a few beverages. Always good to get caught up but it is busy time of year for them with harvest coming on fast, that is if the fields ever dry out! Saturday while a lot of the biker friends were doing the 50/50 cyclcross in Sioux Falls, I met up with a couple other cycling friends (camera clicking cyclist) for some pho-togging! They picked me up in Yankton and we headed out for a fun afternoon. We hit the Sacred Heart Convent Cemetery, Lewis and Clark Lake, watched people snag for paddlefish, House of Mary Shrine and then on to Utica, SD (little burg north west of Yankton), Marindahl Lake (man made lake just east of Broom Tree Farm) and then country roads back to Wakonda. It is so great to get out and see what nature has in store around every corner but as my mom would say, "We were all over like horse S#$T!" I mean that is a GOOD WAY!

Once in Wakonda we had happy hour at Cycling Cathy's house along with other bikers/friends, Mr & Mrs Ride Vermillion, Kris, Charlie or Mr Cycling Cathy (haha), Ed & Pat and Sieversma. We showed the group our pictures from the day on the TV and then it was off to The Pit for supper, laughter and fellowship! It was an awesome day!

More theater in our future?------Heck yes! Church Basement Ladies tickets were purchased for this week so three theater productions in a week and a half.

I have been thoroughly culturized!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fun day and evening - we need to do this on a regular basis!