July 15, 2009

Which bike dilemma and fruit!

Where has the summer gone? It is almost MS150 time and I do not have NEAR ENOUGH miles in as you can see by the counter on the right side of my blog page. So, now the dilemma begins....WHICH BIKE TO RIDE!
So, many of you know that I ride my mtn bike to work and I have put more miles on it than on my road bike. I rode the old road bike last Saturday 22.3 miles and of course was sore (my bad ankle and back) from riding it since you sit differently than on a mtn bike. The other thing is that I have more gears on my mtn bike than on my road bike as the road bike has a double and my mtn bike has a triple. Which one should I ride for the MS150? Kind of leaning to the mtn bike...what do you think? I am going to give both a good work out this week / weekend and see what works better but your input is welcome!

(L to R: Cousins Carol, Kathy and my sister Roz-At the Ice House in Yankton!)

In other noise.....last week I had two wonderful cousins visit from Michigan and my sister from Des Moines. What a fun time. They also brought me some Michigan cherries...40 pounds of Michigan cherries. Let me just say, I am not a fan of much fruit but if you get a chance to have fresh cherries and blue berries from Michigan, it is a real treat!

(some of the fresh cherries, pitted and ready for the freezer!)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

couldnt have done it without the German pitter!

Unknown said...

Kathy looks squished

CDV said...

I would ride one 20+ miles wait a couple of days then try the other one for the same distance, and make a choice on how you feel the day after riding, cause remember its 2 days of riding. If you pick the Mt bike do yourself a favor and put some slicks on that can handle a higher psi and will give some less rolling resistance.

SD_pedalpower said...

I ride a different bike for a week or two at a time. This week has been the MB and I have narrow slicks on them. Take CDV's advise on the slicks. Kenda's were pretty cheap @ SnS.

Snakebite said...

I would use the "eennee, meenee, mynee, mo" method of bike selection.

Anonymous said...

Use my tandem and have Snakebite pull ya!!!!!!
Bwah ha ha ha haaaa!!!!

Tez said...

Carol-EXACTLY on both accounts!

The rest of the motley crew- I do have an inverted tread tire 26x1.5 good for 80psi on the mtn bike now so they would be fine to use. I will have to give them both a test that is for sure!

Roz said...

Try both bikes but I think you will like the MT bike with the higher psi the best. You and Kris on the tandem would be fun too. Nice ice house picture.