May 11, 2009

How many lives does a blinky light have?

I hit the road this morning for my commute. It was a nice and sunny commute, just a little cool but all was good. I was making good time when I heard something fall and hit the road, behind me. I looked back and laying helplessly, in the middle of the road was my little red blinky light! I got turned around and started back to rescue it when a car came in it's direction. Was I going to see my little blinky light murdered right in front of me? I was hoping not and found myself saying, "Don't run over my little blinky light!" and of course repeated it a few times as the car drove over the top of it and MISSED IT! YEAH! I made it back to pick up the little scratched guy only to find that the clip was gone that holds it to my trunk. So I went searching for it and didn't see it anywhere until I looked on my trunk and there it was, clipped on and hang on for dear life! The blinky and clip were reunited. Now, the big test, was he going to work after hitting the deck----YES!

So, my blinky light is a Viewpoint blinky (el-cheapo), how many lives does it have? If I had a Cateye blinky would it have 9 lives? So, do assume that this little blinky might have 8 lives left even though it is not a Cateye? I am guessing it's life will be a bit shorter from this little mishap but the little guy lives on to illuminate my life, keeping me safe, for a few more days, I hope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe a little dab of 5 minute epoxy on the junction of the clippy thing and yer blinky light would at least give it one more life.
Eight more?
Prolly not.