August 2, 2007

Cubs, Golf, Bridge, Biking.....

Happy August 2nd! The Cubs started the day tied for the lead in the NL Central!...YEAH! They are currently not playing so well so not sure if they will share first place by the end of the day.
Oh well..they have been playing really well. Their July record was 17-9 and overall they are 56-49 so doing very well.

Golfing just totally SUCKED last night. I lost I think four balls. We teed off on the last hole and then were told of the collapse of the Minneapolis I35W bridge and were just dumb founded than as we walked up to our ball for the second shot they blew the horn to get everyone off the course as there was a storm approaching. I never even added up my score it was so bad....I hope I got that out of my system for Sundays tournament. Sunday is the PanCan Tournament and is always VERY FUN.

Sad note-the collapse of the I-35 bridge in Minneapolis is very tragic. I have been over this bridge before as has a lot of people that live or have traveled to Minneapolis. My heart goes out to those whose loved ones are still missing. I hope that everyone that I know in the Minneapolis area are safe and not affected by this.


Good news-we are going to get a few people to ride the Margarita Ride in Vermillion. I had good intentions of riding the other night but chose to hit a few golf balls instead (like that helped). This riding issue will need to be rectified so that training can start for this ride SOON. I am planning on doing the 30 mile ride so not a lot of training needs to be done but just getting your butt used to sitting on the saddle for a few hours is the key.

No comments: